SBA Mississippi District Seeks Nominations for
2022 Small Business Week Awards
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2022 National Small Business Week (NSBW) Awards. The NSBW Awards recognize the achievements of SBA-assisted small businesses and the contributions they have made to their communities and our nation’s economy.
All nominations should be submitted electronically by 3 p.m. EST on January 11, 2022. The awards will be presented during the NSBW Awards ceremony in the first week of May 2022.
To nominate a small business owner in your area or download related forms, criteria, and guidelines, visit sba.gov/nsbw.
Nominations for the following categories will be accepted:
- Small Business Person of the Year: A business/owner from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam will be selected for the State Winner award. The state award winners will compete for the title of National Small Business Person of the Year, SBA’s signature award.
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery:
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
- Federal Procurement Awards:
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence (for large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Awards to SBA Resource Partners:
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
SBA Mississippi District Office Awards:
To be nominated and receive one of the following local awards, the small business nominee must fit within the category of the award, demonstrate success in business and complete and submit the required nomination package information. Nomination guidelines for District Office Awards can be found at www.sba.gov/nsbw. *Incomplete packages will not be accepted.
Minority Small Business Champion or Business of the Year: An individual who has fulfilled a commitment to the advancement of small business opportunities for minority business owners may be nominated or a minority-owned small business owner has experienced the rewards and difficulties of owning their own business. Champion nominees may or may not be small business owners.
Veteran Small Business Champion or Business of the Year: An individual who has fulfilled a commitment to the advancement of small business opportunities for veterans of the U.S. armed forces may be nominated or a veteran small business owner who has experienced the rewards and difficulties of owning their own business. Champion nominees may or may not be veterans.
Women in Business Champion or Business of the Year: An individual who has fulfilled a commitment to the advancement of women’s business ownership may be nominated or a women-owned small business owner who has experienced the rewards and difficulties of owning their own business. Champion nominees may or may not be small business owners.
Financial Services Champion of the Year: An individual who assists small businesses through advocacy efforts to increase the usefulness and availability of accounting or financial services for small businesses may be nominated. Nominees may or may not be small business owners.
Young Entrepreneur of the Year: An individual who serves as the majority owner and operate or bear principal responsibility for operating a small business with a three-year track record, and who will not have reached the age of thirty by June 1, 2022.
Where are the nominations to be sent?
All nominations must be submitted electronically to the U.S. Small Business Administration Mississippi District Office BOX account in the state or territory where the nominee is located. BOX account information is available at www.sba.gov/nsbw.
When is the deadline for nominations?
3:00 p.m. ET, January 11, 2022.
SBA will make the above referenced awards to eligible small businesses at the Mississippi District level only.
For more than 50 years, the U.S. Small Business Administration has celebrated National Small Business Week (NSBW), which recognizes the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners.
About the U.S. Small Business Administration
The U.S. Small Business Administration makes the American dream of business ownership a reality. As the only go-to resource and voice for small businesses backed by the strength of the federal government, the SBA empowers entrepreneurs and small business owners with the resources and support they need to start, grow, or expand their businesses, or recover from a declared disaster. It delivers services through an extensive network of SBA field offices and partnerships with public and private organizations. To learn more, visit www.sba.gov.