October is National Crime Prevention Month, a time to raise awareness about crime prevention and safety. The Mississippi Department Of Public Safety says that “Crime prevention starts at home. Most burglars or intruders look for homes that appear easy to burglarize – if your home looks unoccupied, unsecured, or unprotected, you might be at risk.” The Good News Is that taking these steps below may help you protect yourself and your property.
- Secure Doors with Dead Bolt Locks
- Ensure Windows and Sliding Glass Doors have updated Locks
- Keep Your Home Locked anytime you leave
- Keep Your TV and a Small Light on When you are Away
- Consider Setting up an Alarm System that will alert Law Enforcement of a Break In
- Do not allow strangers in your home